Right here is at present’s COVID-19 replace from the County Well being and Human Companies Company with knowledge by Oct. 16.
- Beneath the state monitoring metrics, San Diego County stays in Tier 2, additionally known as the Pink Tier.
- San Diego’s state-calculated, adjusted case charge is 6.Eight per 100,000 residents, up from 6.5 within the earlier evaluation. Restrict for Tier 2 is 7.0.
- The testing positivity proportion is 3.0%, down from 3.5% final week, putting it in Tier Three or the Orange Tier.
- The state’s well being fairness metric appears on the testing positivity for areas with the bottom wholesome circumstances. This metric doesn’t transfer counties to extra restrictive tiers however is required to advance.
- The County’s well being fairness testing positivity proportion is 5.7, down from the 6.2 % reported Oct. 6.
- The California Division of Public Well being will assess counties on a weekly foundation, with the subsequent report scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 20.
Neighborhood Setting Outbreaks:
- Two new group outbreaks have been confirmed on Oct. 16, each in enterprise settings.
- Up to now seven days (Oct. 10 by Oct. 16), 38 group outbreaks have been confirmed.
- The variety of group outbreaks stays above the set off of seven or extra in seven days.
- A group setting outbreak is outlined as three or extra COVID-19 instances in a setting and in individuals of various households over the previous 14 days.
- 19,423 exams have been reported to the County on Oct. 16, and the share of latest laboratory-confirmed instances was 1%.
- The 14-day rolling common proportion of optimistic instances is 2.7%. Goal is lower than 8.0%.
- The 7-day, every day common of exams is 10,236.
- Individuals with and with out signs who’re at increased danger for COVID-19 needs to be examined. Healthcare and important staff also needs to get a take a look at, in addition to individuals who had shut contact to a optimistic case or reside in communities which are being extremely impacted.
- 201 new instances have been confirmed amongst San Diego County residents on Oct. 16. The area’s complete is now 51,982.
- 3,752 or 7.2% of instances have required hospitalization by Oct. 16.
- 869 or 1.7% of all instances and 23.16% of hospitalized instances needed to be admitted to an intensive care unit.
- Three new COVID-19 deaths have been reported in San Diego County on Oct. 16. The area’s complete is now 853.
- Three males died between Aug. 26 and Oct. 16, and their ages ranged from early 30s to mid-80s.
- Two of the three had underlying medical circumstances.
The extra detailed knowledge summaries discovered on the County’s coronavirus-sd.com website will likely be up to date round 5 p.m. at present.